Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello world! Hello fellow Etsians! I am Melissa Kae and this is what I do....

I am so excited to finally have my shop up and running! It is a great feeling to have accomplished all of it so quickly, and am jumping with excitement to turn my focus away from building and branding to designing new things.

You're probably wondering who this crazy person is. Well, hello! I am Melissa Kae and just launched Melissa Kae Invitations at the beginning of 2011. I have a deep love for art and design which led me to pursue my formal education at the Art Institue of Dallas. I dabbled here and there in web and interior design, but finally found my true love in graphic design. I have been drawing and designing since my middle school years, but it wasn't until later on that I discovered my love of paper and stationary. I began designing logos and invitations as a hobby for friends and coworkers. The more that I did the more I began to love working one on one with friends to bring designs to life that reflected their own tastes and personality. I was then introduced to Etsy by one of my clients and the rest is history!

The first leg of my 2011 wedding invitation suites have officially launched and are now being offered in my Etsy shop!

Over spring break, I received a fun custom request that I had an absolute blast creating. The lovely couple were looking for Save the Date announcements and wanted something that echoed old  Nashville music posters (they will be getting married in Nashville!). Here is the custom Nashville inspired save the date design and the final printed pieces: (web url and last names were blurred/taken out for privacy)




 The printed cards are outstanding in person! I am always open to custom design orders, and would love to work with anyone who is looking for stationary designs but cannot find exactly what they are looking for.


In light of launching the first part of my wedding line, I am offering a 10% discount through April 10, 2011 to printed wedding suites (invite + rsvp) to anyone who likes me on facebook, follows me on my blog, or follows me on twitter!

Follow Me on Twitter
Follow My Blog
Find me on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More